The Department of Pharmaceutics of Brown’s College of Pharmacy has a tradition and innovation in the development, characterization and evaluation of different dosage forms.
This department mainly deals with pre formulation and formulation aspects of conventional and novel drug delivery systems.
- To develop the center of excellence by research and development in the filed of Pharmaceutics, to create newer Concepts by adopting various technologies in collaborating with Pharmaceutical industries.
- To deliver quality Pharmacists to the nation and serve the society with ethics of the Pharmacy profession.
- To create the novel database required for the development of newer formulations
- To learn and adopt the newer strategies required for the development of various dosage forms
- To develop the research activities for the development of novel drug delivery systems and to file patent for the developed formulations
- To create funding for the development of research and development from Government funding agencies
- To motivate the scientific research activities and to provide services to the community Pharmacists The department shall promote excellence in research and teaching in Pharmaceutical Sciences by facilitating industry institute partnerships
- To develop responsible Entrepreneurs in the to the Pharmaceutical sciences.
- The faculty also aims at increasing the communication links with the alumni and stakeholders .